Call for Papers
Korea and the World Economy Conference:
Challenges after the Recent Global Turbulences
The 10th Korea and the World Economy Conference will be held in Claremont McKenna College, CA, USA (August 12 – 13, 2011). Economists, policy-makers, and practitioners are invited to submit papers on the theme of “Challenges after the recent global turbulences in Korea, Asia-Pacific, and the world economy”. Submissions from students are also encouraged. Papers are sought in the following areas but not limited:
- Challenges after the recent global turbulences
- Global inflation and monetary policy
- Fiscal sustainability
- East Asian economic cooperation
- Energy, climate change and green growth
- New directions for industrial policy
- New challenges for the Korean Economy
Please submit an abstract (500 words maximum) in English with your name, affiliation, position, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number and fax number, by June 25, 2011 to one of the following email addresses:
– Won Joong Kim <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dept. of Economics, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon 200-701, Korea. �
– Kar-yiu Wong <email@example.com>
Dept. of Economics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195-3330, USA.
Please note our important dates:
– Abstract Submission: by June 25, 2011
– Notification of Acceptance: by June 30, 2011
– Full Paper Submission: by July 15, 2010
– Welcome Reception: August 11, 2011
Publication: All presenters are strongly invited (but not obligated) to submit their presented papers for Korea and the World Economy (official journal of the Association of Korean Economic Studies in English).
For more information on the conference, please visit the conference website at http://www.akes.or.kr/akes/eng/conferences/conferences_02.asp.
The Association of Korean Economic Studies