Job Openings at Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
Position Opening: Full-time faculty position at College of Commerce and Economics
1. Academic Position
College: College of Commerce and Economics
Specific Major: Any field in Economics
– Foreign nationals only
– Tenure Track, full-time
– Dual Affiliation with Underwood Division (Underwood International College)
2. General Qualifications
1) Applicants should have at least one year of research or teaching experience after obtaining a Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
2) Applicants must be legally eligible to work at a private university in Korea.
3) Applicants must agree with the general Christian education principles espoused byYonsei University.
4) A certain number of credit hours should be lectured in English
3. Required Documents
A. Two printed copies of completed online application form and one printed copy of “Statement of Religious Affiliations”.
B. Official diploma and transcripts (Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D.)
* Photocopies may be submitted at the time of application; but short-listed candidates foropen lecture/interview must submit the official documents at the time of openlecture/interview.
C. Two printed copies of the list & summary of research publication(s)
*For main achievements (up to three), please check “Main Achievement” in the list of research records
D. A CD or USB containing the list & the summary of research publications file above (in MS-Excel or MS-Word format)
E. A CD or USB containing the applicant’s Ph.D. dissertation (PDF/MS-Word/WP format)
*The D) and E) may be stored together in one CD or USB
F. A printed copy of each publication (or equivalent documentation for exhibitions and performances) published after March 2012
G. Two letters of recommendation (From two or more professors(professionals) in thesame program or field)
* The applicant’s full name, the name of the school/program the applicant is applying must be specified in the letter.(overall clinical experiences, medical recording capabilities, communication skills, etc.)
4. Application Period
Thursday, July 2, 2015 – Friday, July 24, 2015 (10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
* Applications may be submitted by mail, but must arrive at the office by 5:00 p.m. on July 24, 2015. Late applications will not be considered.
5. Mailing Address: Applications must be submitted directly to the office of College of Commerce and Economics. Address: College of Commerce and Economics, Yonsei University, 50 Yonsei-ro,Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-749, Korea
6. Evaluation Criteria and Process
Stage 1) Suitability for the advertised major
: The applicant’s suitability for the advertised position will be evaluated
Stage 2) Academic records and overall achievements
: The applicant’s academic excellence, teaching or research abilities, publication records will be comprehensively evaluated during this process
Stage 3) Open lecture/interview
: Short-listed applicants will be invited for an open lecture and interview. Presentationskills, academic potentials and overall qualifications will be evaluated.
7. Notification: Short-listed candidates will be personally contacted by electronic mail.
8. Things to Check Before Submitting Your Application:
1) Incomplete applications will not be considered or accepted; once submitted, theapplication materials will not be returned.
2) Applicants are responsible for any false, deficient or incomplete documents.
3) Please fill out all information on the application form correctly.
; Yonsei University has the right to revoke faculty appointments resulting from deficient information or false documents.
4) Applicants invited for an open lecture/interview must submit the official diplomas and transcripts at the time of open lecture/interview.
9. Additional Information
1) The official appointment will begin in Fall Semester, 2015.
2) The final candidates may be assigned to take dual affiliation in related departments.
3) For inquiries, please contact the numbers below:
*Office of Academic Affairs(Sinchon Campus) : 82-2-2123-2092
*College of Business and Economics: 82-2-2123-2454